THREE SESSIONS — NINE SPEAKERS
Join Us in Washington DC
The program includes three sessions covering issues unique to the region, including innovative building skins, high performance facades, and the future face of DC. These well-rounded, expert dialogues will inform and inspire.
The Facades+ conference series is a robust dialogue encompassing all things building skin—bridging the profession, industry, academia, operations, and ownership. We’ve distilled the best of the Facades+ 2-day event into a quick-take morning forum with a strong local flair. Facades+AM is returning to DC on March 15, 2018.
- AIA Members
- Architecture Students and Faculty
- Building Envelope Specialists
- Construction Professionals
- Materials Specialists
Blair Payson | Olson Kundig
Bruce McEvoy | Principal | Perkins+Will
- Transparency: Innovative Glazing Systems in our Nation’s Capital
- Opacity: Beyond the Bricks and Mortar
- Connectivity: Where Transparency and Opacity Meet
The rapidly developing technology of high-performance facades has emerged as the key to building integration, and central to the realization of resilient buildings and a sustainable built environment. The building skin combines attributes of appearance and performance like nothing else in architecture. There is much to discuss. We invite you to join the conversation as we bring this forum back to Washington DC in 2018.
Associate Director, Atelier Ten
Emilie Hagen is the Associate Director of Atelier Ten’s San Francisco office, and a member of the Façade Tectonics Steering Committee. She is an expert in building performance with over a decade of experience in the application of advanced building analysis, including facade optimization, shading analysis, net zero water and energy, resiliency, and carbon management.
1. Beyond Little Boxes: Innovations in Facade Design and Delivery
South and Eastern Neighborhoods of San Francisco are the site of radical transformations of the Bay Area’s building stock from multi-family residential to innovative medical and college campuses. Hear from AEC experts leaving their mark as they bring the next generation of buildings to San Francisco.
Stanley Saitowitz Principal Natoma ArchitectsBIO
2. Redefining Performance: Future-Proof Building Envelopes for a Changing Bay
Defining performance criteria for building envelopes is a crucial step in future-proofing projects.
Leading designers and engineers will speak on their latest projects and how they’ve defined performance characteristics in the process.
Sanjeev Tankha Director Walter P MooreBIO
3. Horizontal Vs Vertical: The Development of Transbay Terminal & Salesforce Tower
As the new Transbay Terminal and Salesforce Tower near competition, hear from some of the design team that delivered San Francisco’s most influential new additions to the downtown skyline and streetscape.
Mirjam Link Senior Project Manager
Extra Credit Lunch and Learn After Facades+AM
3 EXHIBITOR PRESENTATIONS
Lunch will be served and 4 CEU credits will be provided. Directly follows the Facades+AM morning forum. Only $25.
1. STI FIRESTOP (2 Credits)
Sign up for the Extra Credit Afternoon using the button below.
LU eligible: 3 LU/HSW hours
Only $25 including lunch.
Join the dialogue!
Event Venue & Hotel
- Forum Location:
Motif Seattle1415 Fifth AvenueSeattle, WA 98101206-971-8000
1415 Fifth AvenueSeattle, WA 98101
- All reservations must be made by November 7, 2017. Special rate for The Architect’s Newspaper Facades+ attendees: $149 not incl. fees and taxes. Booking Code is THEA1207.
- Parking: Standard Prevailing rate of $39.04 w/tax per night/vehicle. 24 hr unlimited in/out privileges until 4pm day of departure. Non-hotel Guests: (range) 0-1hr $9 | 3-4hrs: $18 | 10-24hrs:$39 tax inclusive.
- SPONSORS CAN SET UP ON SUN. AFTERNOON & MON. MORNING 2 – 4 pm Sun. Sept. 24, day before event and/or 6:15 am Mon. Sept. 25, morning of event
- Please do not send oversize packages or crates. This is a tabletop show, not a booth, and there is ltd. storage space at the venue. Please get approval ahead of time for anything oversized or the packages may be refused. Contact Susan Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org for Shipping Address and Logistics.
- Will I receive confirmation of my registration?
Yes, once we have processed your registration and payment, you will get an email confirmation detailing your registration.
- Do I need to bring my registration confirmation to the conference?
Yes, it’s always a good idea.
- What do I need to bring if I registered as a Student?
Bring a current student ID card with your photo and present it when checking in.
- When do I get my badge and/or event tickets?
Badges will be provided at check-in at the site on the day of the event.
For attendee, programming, and sponsorship information, contact us below.
The Architect’s Newspaper
21 Murray St, 5th Fl.
New York, NY 10007
Upcoming Facades+ Conferences
Facades+AM Dallas — February 20, 2018
Facades+AM Washington, DC — March 15, 2018
Facades+ NYC — April 19 & 20, 2018
Facades+AM San Francisco — June 7, 2018
Facades+AM Kansas City — July 19, 2018
Facades+AM Chicago — September 21, 2018
Facades+AM Miami — Oct 4, 2018
Facades+AM Los Angeles — Oct 25-26, 2018
Facades+ Boston — November 9, 2018
Facades+AM Seattle — December 7, 2018
Past Facades+ Conferences
Facades+ Los Angeles — October 19+20, 2017
Facades+AM Philadelphia — September 25, 2017
Facades+AM Austin — July 18, 2017
Facades+ 1 Day Boston — June 6, 2017
Facades+ New York City — April 6+7, 2017
Facades+AM San Francisco — December 7, 2016
Facades+AM Kansas City — September 15, 2016
Facades+AM Boston — June 17, 2016
Facades+AM Washington DC — March 10, 2016
Facades+AM Seattle — December 4, 2015
Facades+AM Houston — June 18, 2015
Facades+AM Washington DC — March 5, 2015
Facades+AM Seattle — November 11, 2014