THREE SESSIONS — NINE SPEAKERS
Join Us in Seattle
The program includes three sessions covering issues unique to the region, including innovative building skins, future-proofing high performance facades, and the changing face of Seattle. These well-rounded, expert dialogues will inform and inspire.
The Facades+ conference series is a robust dialogue encompassing all things building skin—bridging the profession, industry, academia, operations, and ownership. We’ve distilled the best of the Facades+ 2-day event into a quick-take morning forum with a strong local flair. Facades+AM is returning to Seattle on December 7th, 2018.
- AIA Members
- Architecture Students and Faculty
- Building Envelope Specialists
- Construction Professionals
- Materials Specialists
Blair Payson | Olson Kundig
Payson joined Olson Kundig in 2004 and has worked on projects including the Century Project for the Space Needle, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center, [storefront] OK, and many others across North America. From large cultural projects to temporary design interventions, Blair is able to distill large, complex projects into distinct culminating moments. He credits this appreciation of key design details to his formative years working under Renzo Piano in Paris.
Bruce McEvoy | Principal | Perkins+Will
- Transparency: Innovative Glazing Systems in our Nation’s Capital
- Opacity: Beyond the Bricks and Mortar
- Connectivity: Where Transparency and Opacity Meet
The rapidly developing technology of high-performance facades has emerged as the key to building integration, and central to the realization of resilient buildings and a sustainable built environment. The building skin combines attributes of appearance and performance like nothing else in architecture. There is much to discuss. We invite you to join the conversation as we bring this forum back to Washington DC in 2018.
Associate Director, Atelier Ten
Emilie Hagen is the Associate Director of Atelier Ten’s San Francisco office, and a member of the Façade Tectonics Steering Committee. She is an expert in building performance with over a decade of experience in the application of advanced building analysis, including facade optimization, shading analysis, net zero water and energy, resiliency, and carbon management.
1. Beyond Little Boxes: Innovations in Facade Design and Delivery
South and Eastern Neighborhoods of San Francisco are the site of radical transformations of the Bay Area’s building stock from multi-family residential to innovative medical and college campuses. Hear from AEC experts leaving their mark as they bring the next generation of buildings to San Francisco.
Stanley Saitowitz Principal Natoma ArchitectsBIO
2. Redefining Performance: Future-Proof Building Envelopes for a Changing Bay
Defining performance criteria for building envelopes is a crucial step in future-proofing projects.
Leading designers and engineers will speak on their latest projects and how they’ve defined performance characteristics in the process.
Sanjeev Tankha Director Walter P MooreBIO
3. Horizontal Vs Vertical: The Development of Transbay Terminal & Salesforce Tower
As the new Transbay Terminal and Salesforce Tower near competition, hear from some of the design team that delivered San Francisco’s most influential new additions to the downtown skyline and streetscape.
Mirjam Link Senior Project Manager
Extra Credit Lunch and Learn After Facades+AM
3 EXHIBITOR PRESENTATIONS
Lunch will be served and 4 CEU credits will be provided. Directly follows the Facades+AM morning forum. Only $25.
1. STI FIRESTOP (2 Credits)
Sign up for the Extra Credit Afternoon using the button below.
LU eligible: 3 LU/HSW hours
Only $25 including lunch.
Join the dialogue!
Event Venue & Hotel
- Forum Location:
Motif Seattle1415 Fifth AvenueSeattle, WA 98101206-971-8000
1415 Fifth AvenueSeattle, WA 98101
- Register online or If anyone prefers to speak to a reservation agent, they can be reached at 1-855-515-1144 using the block code THEA1205. All reservations must be made by November 7, 2017. Special rate for The Architect’s Newspaper Facades+ attendees: $149 not incl. fees and taxes.
- Parking: Standard Prevailing rate of $39.04 w/tax per night/vehicle. 24 hr unlimited in/out privileges until 4pm day of departure. Non-hotel Guests: (range) 0-1hr $9 | 3-4hrs: $18 | 10-24hrs:$39 tax inclusive.
- SPONSORS CAN SET UP ON SUN. AFTERNOON & MON. MORNING 2 – 4 pm Sun. Sept. 24, day before event and/or 6:15 am Mon. Sept. 25, morning of event
- Please do not send oversize packages or crates. This is a tabletop show, not a booth, and there is ltd. storage space at the venue. Please get approval ahead of time for anything oversized or the packages may be refused. Contact Susan Kramer at email@example.com for Shipping Address and Logistics.
- Will I receive confirmation of my registration?
Yes, once we have processed your registration and payment, you will get an email confirmation detailing your registration.
- Do I need to bring my registration confirmation to the conference?
Yes, it’s always a good idea.
- What do I need to bring if I registered as a Student?
Bring a current student ID card with your photo and present it when checking in.
- When do I get my badge and/or event tickets?
Badges will be provided at check-in at the site on the day of the event.